mbark on a culinary journey to Sasa Twa in Kirtipur and savor the authentic flavors of Newari cuisine. Discover the cultural significance of dishes like Jilayan Kaula and Bhoye while immersing yourself in a traditional Newari dining experience. Join us for a feast of rich traditions and exquisite flavors
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Join us on a remarkable journey of flavors and traditions!
Experience the authentic Newari cuisine at Sasa Twa restaurant in Kirtipur. Delight in the intricate flavors of dishes like Yomari, Bhatmas, Sakwa, and Kwapa.
Immerse yourself in the cultural significance of Jilayan Kaula, a symbol of good luck and prosperity, and Bhoye, believed to protect against the monsoon's chill.
Enjoy a traditional Newari dining experience in a charming, art-filled setting. Share small portions, eat with your hands, and embrace local customs.
Savor unique buffalo delights like Buff Chhoila, Buff Momo, and more, showcasing the deliciousness of buffalo meat.
Make your reservation, relax in the ambiance, and embark on a culinary adventure into the heart of Newari culture.
Join us for an immersive culinary journey!
Our adventure begins as we pick you up from Thamel in a comfortable private car. You'll be transported to Sasa Twa restaurant, where the essence of Newari culture comes to life.
Upon arrival, you'll receive a warm welcome, setting the tone for an unforgettable experience. Our expert tour guide will be your cultural companion, unraveling the secrets of Newari cuisine and traditions.
Embark on a gastronomic adventure, discovering the art of sharing small portions and savoring each dish with your hands, just as the locals do. Explore the rich flavors of authentic Newari dishes, including the symbolic Jilayan Kaula and the monsoon protector, Bhoye.
As the evening unfolds, tantalize your taste buds with buffalo delights like Buff Chhoila and Buff Momo, showcasing the unique and delicious flavors of buffalo meat.
Finally, we'll bid you farewell and drop you off back in Thamel, leaving you with memories of a culinary and cultural journey that will linger in your heart.
Gather in Thamel
Time : 2:00 pm
Pickup from Thamel
Our journey begins as we pick you up from the bustling streets of Thamel in a comfortable private car. Prepare to embark on a culinary and cultural adventure.
Time : 2:30 pm
En Route to Sasa Twa
As we make our way to Sasa Twa, enjoy the scenic drive and get ready for an immersive experience of Newari cuisine and traditions.
Arrival at Sasa Twa
Time : 3:00 pm
Upon arrival at Sasa Twa, you'll be warmly greeted. Our expert tour guide will introduce you to the rich cultural heritage and culinary traditions of the Newar people.
Time : 3:15 pm
Authentic Newari Dining
Immerse yourself in an authentic Newari dining experience. Learn the art of sharing small portions and savoring each dish with your hands, just as the locals do. Discover the flavors of signature dishes like Yomari, Bhatmas, Sakwa, Kwapa, Jilayan Kaula, and Bhoye.
As the evening unfolds, indulge in buffalo delights, including Buff Chhoila, Buff Momo, and more. Experience the unique and delicious taste of buffalo meat, a less common ingredient in Western cuisine.
Time : 7:00 pm
and Return to Thamel
Bid adieu to Sasa Twa, leaving with cherished memories of a culinary and cultural journey. We'll drop you off back in Thamel, where you can reflect on the flavors and traditions you've experienced.
- Late lunch or early dinner at a traditional Newari restaurant in Kirtipur.
- A variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian Newari dishes, including momo, kwati, yomari, barbecued meat items, and more.
- "Eat as much as you can" dining option, allowing participants to savor the flavors to their heart's content.
- Local drinks and spirits (e.g., aila or raksi) to complement the meal.
- Private transportation in a comfortable vehicle (according to group size).
- Knowledgeable tour guide to lead the food tour and provide insights into Newari cuisine and culture.
- Special birthday celebration, if applicable, for guests celebrating their birthdays.
- Opportunity to explore the historical town of Kirtipur, known for its Newari heritage and traditional cuisine.
- Memorable gastronomic experience, discovering the heart and soul of Nepal's culinary heritage.
- Personal expenses: Any expenses incurred for personal shopping, souvenirs, or other individual activities are not included in the tour package.
- Tips and gratuities: Gratuities for the tour guide, restaurant staff, or any other service providers are not included in the tour cost.
- Alcoholic beverages beyond the offered local drinks and spirits: If participants wish to order additional alcoholic beverages not provided as part of the meal, they will be responsible for the cost.
- Transportation outside the designated tour time and locations: Any transportation required outside of the specified itinerary will not be covered in the tour package.
- Meals and drinks outside of the specified restaurant: If participants choose to dine at other establishments or order food and drinks not included in the itinerary, the expenses will be at their own cost.
- Optional activities or attractions: Any additional activities, entrance fees to attractions not mentioned in the itinerary, or optional tours are not included in the package price.
- Travel insurance: Participants are responsible for arranging their own travel insurance coverage, as it is not included in the tour package.
Newari cuisine is the traditional food of the Newar people of the Kathmandu Valley in Nepal. It's known for its rich flavors, unique dishes, and cultural significance.
Sasa Twa is located in Kirtipur, a charming Newari town in the Kathmandu Valley, Nepal.
Must-try dishes include Yomari, Bhatmas, Sakwa, Kwapa, Jilayan Kaula, and Bhoye, each offering a delightful taste of Newari flavors.
Jilayan Kaula is traditionally served during the New Year festival (Losar) and is believed to bring good luck and prosperity. Bhoye is enjoyed during the monsoon season and is believed to protect against the cold and wet weather.
The dining experience at Sasa Twa is unique in its traditional Newari setting, where guests can enjoy small portions of flavorful dishes, eat with their hands, and immerse themselves in local customs.
Buffalo delights are dishes made with buffalo meat, offering a unique and delicious taste. They include Buff Chhoila, Buff Momo, Buff Sekuwa, and more, showcasing the flavors of buffalo meat, a less common ingredient in Western cuisine.
The trip typically lasts from the afternoon to the evening, with pickup in Thamel and drop-off around 7:30 PM. Specific timings may vary.
Yes, an expert tour guide accompanies the trip, providing insights into Newari cuisine, culture, dining etiquette, and more.
Yes, it's advisable to make a reservation in advance, especially if you plan to join during peak hours.
Dress comfortably, and bring your curiosity and appetite! You may also want to have some local currency for any additional purchases.
Tipping is not expected but is appreciated as a gesture of gratitude for excellent service.
You can book this trip for both groups and solo travelers. It's a great opportunity to explore Newari culture and cuisine with like-minded individuals.